Work with Globalwheels
Globalwheels is growing and looking for people to join our team.
We are recruiting part-time staff for our Osaka and newly opened Kyoto shop. Let us know your store preference. Maybe you can work in both? We'd love to hear from you.
We love cycling, travel, adventure and Japan. We are committed to helping people experience the beauty of Japan by bike.
We started Globalwheels in 2016 with two bikes and real determination to help people have the best experience possible. We're thankful for all the people who have cycled with us and enabled us to grow to having a shop in Osaka and Kyoto.
We provide road bike, touring bike, gear rental, tours and logistics for people living and traveling in Japan. However, the bikes and gear are only a part of what we do and offer. We are committed to:
- Providing peace of mind - traveling can be stressful, we want people to relax and know that the Globalwheels team is on top of their cycling trip
- Being helpful and giving any advice, tips or local knowledge related to cycling but also about Japan in general
- Creating useful content for the cycling and traveling community in Japan - our blogs, routes, guides and posts are for everyone, whether you rent from us or not
- Providing a welcoming and friendly space - Japan is different and can be challenging but we want people to feel relaxed and welcome at our shops. Drop your bags, have a coffee (or beer!) and have a chat with one of our team members
Read more about Globalwheels from the below links:
We opened a second shop in Kyoto and we need some new team members to help us work at the shops, meet and communicate with customers and contribute to creating helpful content for the cycling community. You'll report to the owners, have plenty of opportunity to work independently and will be encouraged to take initiative and help us improve and grow.
- Communicate with customers via email, phone and in person
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of bikes and gear
- Assist customers set up, plan their trip and provide any help possible
- Sending any images, files and links etc that could assist our customers plan, navigate and experience Japan
Potential tasks depending on skills
- Editing and helping improve website and marketing copy
- Assisting create useful and interesting content for our blog and social channels - writing blog posts about routes, writing blogs on useful information, tips and guides and taking photos of routes or must-see-spots
- Assisting create video content - filming parts of rides, capturing the experience of exploring Japan on film, editing and helping post-production (knowledge of Premiere Pro especially desirable)
- An appreciation of the outdoors, travel and Japan
- Basic knowledge of bikes - you don't need to be a pro mechanic, but knowing where the pedals go help!
- English and or Japanese language a must. Knowledge of other languages is also desirable
- Ability to deal with customers in a friendly, prompt and professional manner
- Knowledge or experience in e-commerce desirable
- Valid VISA to live and work in Japan
How to apply
Please send a resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know any particular skills you have that you think would be useful to the team and also what shop you are interested in working at.
We'll get back to all applicants and for people who seem like a good fit we'll schedule an interview and talk about further.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and best regards,
(Ian and Gareth)